Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

More deep thoughts on a little guy

It was four weeks ago today that I felt my first contractions and was on my way to officially being a Mommy. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by.

I have a lot of quiet, reflective time, with our little man's favorite place to fall asleep during the day being on his Momma's chest or stomach. He could stay that way for hours and I usually endure having body parts fall asleep and the occasional kick to my C-section incision.

I'm cutting my quiet time off after these next couple of days. Next week is my last full week of maternity leave before I gradually start back up at work the following week. I have several things I want to get done-- calling organizations that offer parents of children with Down Syndrome support and advice and some other last-minute items.

So for now, I think, ponder and reflect.
I love being a Momma.
I am happy to report that I've had little to no moments of impatience or frustration. Even at 4 a.m. feedings and even after 30 minutes of whimpering in the afternoon.

Scott has started helping me out with our midnight/1 a.m. feeding as well as the bedtime feeding, which gives me a little Me Time and also gives Scott some alone time with the baby. We recently started introducing some of the bottles of Mommy Milk to Zack and he's doing great with it. He still eats so much,especially in the morning and at night before bedtime, so all the (bottled) help we can get putting those pounds on him, the better.

The big guy is fast asleep right now -- on me, of course. He's letting out little sighs and squeaks every couple of minutes and in those seconds, I honestly don't think there's a place in the world I'd rather be.

For now, I must go -- yet another Little House on the Prairie is on! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment