Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bloggity-bloggin' I go

I've decided to share my experience as Zack's Mommy with other parents in my newspaper's coverage area. I went back and forth about whether or not to do it for a couple of weeks before finally bringing the idea to my news editor, who then mentioned it to our managing editor. They loved the idea and, once I get my first post done, it will officially be a part of our parenting/family insert addition to our paper.

My hope is that by taking a few minutes out of my week to share the normal days, the stressful days and the days that test us as a family, that other parents of children with special needs or disabilities find strength and support. I hope it makes a difference and makes the days a little easier for others. Perhaps it will even make the general public a bit more open-minded about Down Syndrome and the people it affects.

We can all use a little education, right? And what better way to do it than through true-life experiences.

Scott and I are trying to come up with a good title, and our best thought so far is "Being a Mommy has its ups and Down"
Cute? Silly?

And what topics would you like to see addressed? Any suggestions?

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment